Grand Staircase

2013/08/26

Garnier Skin Naturals, Ultra Lift Eye Firming Anti-Wrinkle Eye Care - Product Review

Hi!

Today I am going to talk about the Garnier UltraLift Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream. This is a drugstore cream with Pro-Retinol that promises to visibly decrease wrinkles and improve the appearance of the under eye area, making it look younger.


I’ve been using this product every single night for a couple of months and here is what I think:
  • Even though it didn’t cause any allergic reaction and had a very subtle scent, which is good, this cream did not only cause puffiness but it also didn’t decrease any of the annoying wrinkles under my eyes – reason why I bought it (I usually say that I have young skin – I'm 22 - but an old lady’s under eye area).


The puffiness might be due to some plumping properties the product might have to temporarily disguise wrinkles (this is just a wild guess!). That caused me two problems: 
  • First, the mornings after applying this eye cream I’d find my eyes particularly puffy which doesn’t look nice at all; 
  • Secondly, by the end of the day the products effects would have worn off and by the time the puffiness had decreased I had been left with more wrinkles.

Besides that, this cream wasn’t particularly moisturizing either.



But let me know, if you have a different opinion about this product!

Would I recommend this product?

Not, at all. It might be that the reason I have an issue with this cream is my young age, maybe if you are older and have sagging skin that needs plumping it will work for you. But anyway I don’t believe too much in that – I can’t see how constantly plumping and de-puffing the skin might be beneficial - in my (non-scientific) perspective, it could even be the cause of more wrinkles.

But if you want to try this product anyhow, you can find it at local drugstores or supermarkets or you can buy it at the feelunique website for 13.39euros (at the moment it is at a discount price of 11,38euros – 15% off).

Will I buy it again?

This is a reverberating no! Even though I like some of the Garnier products I don’t think this particular one is worthed and there are better drugstore eye creams out there.


Yours,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! I'd also be happy to answer any question you might have!