Grand Staircase

2013/08/08

Bioderma, Photoderm Max SPF 50+ Sun Lip Stick - Product Review

Hello!

Since I am on holidays and spending them in the beach I thought it would be fun to review some of the products I’ve brought with me. Today I am going to talk about an spf specifically designed for the lips, the Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF 50+ Sun Lip Stick. 


To be honest lip balms with spf have since I remember been a part of my daily routine. I’ve figured that if I like balms with and without spf alike, I’d rather wear the ones with spf and be safe - even if I am not really exposed to that much sun on a daily basis, it is never too early to start prevention of aging skin and thinning lips.

You can hold it in your key chain for easier access

In my everyday life I am happy enough with using spf 15 or 20 on my lips. However, that isn’t enough for me during summertime since I have very dry lips and very pale skin. Besides, my lips and surrounding area get easily burnt and bruised from all the sun, salt and chlorine. So I tend to search for an spf of 30 or higher to wear during that time. The past two summers my choice has been this Bioderma one. It's about 7 euros and you can find it in most european pharmacies.

Ingredient's List, for the more interested ones

Bioderma products don’t usually cause those horrible allergic reactions which I am so prone to and that was one of the reasons I first chose this product and why I bought it again this summer. Moreover it has a very high spf factor of more than 50, it doesn’t leave any type of whitish residue on my lips after applying (the formula goes completely clear on the skin) and it’s quite hydrating as well. It doesn’t have any fragrance which in this case is good – I have a tendency to prefer products with fruity scents but being fragrance free means this product is less likely to be the cause of any rash or other nasty skin reaction.

The only downsize to it is the way it tastes. If you are unlucky to taste your lips after applying this product, OMG it tastes awfully. And the taste does linger. But anyway, since wetting your lips is not too good for you anyhow – it makes your lips dry much faster – I tend to forget this little bit of information because in every other area this product gets maximum score. I have never had my lips burnt again after starting using it and I just reapply it like I would a normal sunscreen – every couple of hours. I guess that, thinking about it, it kind of makes sense – since this lipstick tastes so badly people won’t lick it all the time and as such their lips will be protected for much longer than they would otherwise. Kind of smart in a weird way, don't you think?





Do I recommend it?

Definitely! Unless you are really susceptible to awfully tasting products.

Will I repurchase it?

Perhaps. But I am also curious to try other French Pharmacy brands’ version of this product and see if there is a better tasting one that performs just as well. If I don’t find it I’ll definitely go back to this one.

I hope this will be of help.

Yours,


M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! I'd also be happy to answer any question you might have!