Grand Staircase

2013/09/06

Monthly Favorites - August 2013

Hello!

From this month on I decided to start having a Monthly Favorites rubric here on the blog.

This month you won’t find any makeup products in my favorites. Why is that? Well August is the only month throughout the whole year during which I feel like not wearing makeup. I just don’t feel like I need it (I wish things were like that every month but one can only wish for so much...). I sleep better, eat better, reduce my caffeine intake, my stress levels are at its lowest and usually I get a bit tanned. All of this makes for really nice, happy skin that looks its best- with almost no redness or sallowness to it, no pimples or bad breakouts and most importantly much reduced under-eye circles. Unfortunately September has already come along and this past couple of days I’ve already seen myself forced to fall back on my makeup stash. As sad as that is, now is time to talk about August and the products that really made a difference.

  • 1.       Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active 3 in 1 Wash/Scrub/Mask
  • 2.  Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
  • 3.       La Roche-Posay Posthelios Melt-in gel
These three first favorites were the ones responsible for keeping my skin on perfect conditions all summer long. I used the wash/scrub every morning before applying my sunscreen and going to the beach. I also used it as a mask once a week. It kept my skin free of breakouts and prevented black heads to overpopulate my nose. Using this product as a mask also helped my skin stay a little less oily in the T-zone, especially.

Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Active 3 in 1 Wash/Scrub/Mask

The Advanced Night Repair has been a part of my nighttime skincare routine for almost 2 years now and I absolutely love it. Its effects are particularly noticeable when your skin is exposed to a more aggressive environment (sea salt, chlorine, direct sun exposure). It seems to cancel all the bad things you’ve done to your skin during the day leaving it radiant and healthy looking again by the following morning. This is a product I just can’t live without!

As a last step in my nighttime, holidays version, skincare routine I would apply the Posthelios Melt-in gel. It’s the second summer in a row that I’ve used it and it’s just amazing. You can use it both on your face and body but I couldn’t enjoy more the way it works on my face. It leaves it super hydrated, nourished and soothed without being too greasy or clogging my pores. I used it on my lips a lot, as well.

La Roche-Posay Posthelios Melt-in gel

I’m planning to post thorough reviews of all this products soon.

  • 4. Bioten Repairing-Nourishing Body Lotion
As for body products, I fell in love with this Bioten Lotion with Cotton Herbamilk and Rice Proteins for very dry skin. I already knew Bioten’s skincare line was good but had no idea their body care products were even better. This Lotion is super moisturizing but at the same time it absorbs quickly onto the skin. It’s also very refreshing and it smells better than amazingly.

I’ll blog about this lotion later, don’t worry. Besides that, I have other Bioten’s products that I’ll also be reviewing.

  • 5. L’Oréal Professional Solar Sublime After-sun Nourishing Balm

Last but not least, I couldn’t not mention this hair mask. It kept my hair soft, shiny and healthy looking throughout the holidays. It’s smells amazing and it doesn’t have to sit long in your hair to do its job. If you want to know more, click here to read my review.

L’Oréal Professional Solar Sublime After-sun Nourishing Balm

And that’s it for my August favorites.

I hoped you enjoyed it.

Yours,

M.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post! I'd also be happy to answer any question you might have!